- Prayer of Healing: The percentage of spell power this spell gains in healing (per target) has been reduced from 80.7% to 52.6%.
- Penance: Cooldown increased to 12 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
- Inspiration: The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 3/7/10% instead of increasing the target’s armor.
- The heal from Glyph of Power Word: Shield can now cause Divine Aegis.
- Mana Burn: Fixed a bug where Mana Burn did not cause fear effects to break when the fear victim had an absorb shield on.
Prayer of Healing, depending on what kind of player you are, either received a huge nerf or one that leaves you saying “well, that means this will punish those priests who really just utilize that spell a little too much”. Personally, you shouldn’t be using to a huge extent. I might try to use it during Mimiron’s 2nd phase, but otherwise, shields for everyone. The Penance change isn’t terrible: you should be using a combination of another two spells to fill out a top 3 (Flash Heal or Greater Heal, hopefully) and you really shouldn’t be waiting for a cool down at all if you’re playing productively.
One observation I’m noticing on some fights is that there is little damage to heal and more damage to prevent as our gear becomes stronger. For instance, my meters will show my Power Word: Shield glyph (which will now trigger Divine Aegis if it crits… so that’s a nice small cushion on top of the shield) as an actual heal. Does that mean I’m doing something wrong? Probably not. PoM and Renew and PW:S will do most of my healing on some of the easier Ulduar fights, like Razorscale and Ignis. Penance will sometimes even be there.
The largest change for us as healers will be the Inspiration change from armor to physical damage. This is a huge buff for us (and shaman, whose similarly effected talent will change). We’ll be preventing 13% physical damage now (if you include the 3% from Renewed Hope when and if you throw shields. If you’re not throwing shields and you’re a Discipline priest, get the fuck out.
And if you’re a holy or discipline priest without Inspiration, also get out.
- Mana Regeneration: All items that provide “X mana per five seconds” have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%
- Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target’s maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second. This applies to all 5 sources of Replenishment (Vampiric Touch, Judgements of the Wise, Hunting Party, Enduring Winter Frostbolts and Soul Leech).
Unfortunately, the Replenishment change is a general nerf: the 1% per 5 seconds will not be better than the .25% per every second (with a pool of 28k mana, I’ll get 280 mana every 5 seconds versus 70 every second, 350 over 5 seconds right now). However given some itemization for Discipline priest, you could have some MP5 gear as well so that could be some kind of compensation.
But we got very few changes overall. Unlike Death Knights, Paladins, and Shaman… we got a small list. Rogues had a small list but a large change: the ability to use 1H axes. Death Knights may be able to dual wield without being laughed at, Paladin will have a HoT, and Shaman will be able to drop all four totems with only one GCD. Hunters can use up to three traps at a time (a flame one, a frost one, and a snake trap).
And druids get to have spiffy new forms! Yay~ my druid won’t be the same as everyone anymore… it’ll just be the same… sometimes.
There are also some profession changes, unless you’re a Blacksmith (and then you’re perfect enough). All of the changes are definite buffs. This also includes the ability to have epic gems. Not to mention the strange badge change. But you can find more specifics at MMO-Champion.
And if you wanna see something hilarious, watch this kid have a tantrum when his WoW account gets taken away. Whee!