While I’m not actually at California, I can discuss what exactly happened during the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm trailer.
One thing is that the Monk is the next class released for Diablo 3. Interesting. The trailers were fascinating to watch; the first one outlining a trap from a deceiving demon, and then him beating it up. The second,
Some things mentioned:
- Level Cap at 85.
- Heroic Version of Deadmines and Wailing Caverns.
- New race/class combinations, most already discussed on the MMO-Champion website. The ones featured on the trailer were:
- Human hunter
- Tauren paladin
- Gnome priest
- Troll druid
- Goblin for Horde, Worgen for Night Elf (finally, some closure on that chain out in Ashenvale regarding that Scythe of Elune).
- Secondary Profession, Archeology.
- Revamped old-world content.
- Desolace is now green and full of life!
- Some zones, like the Barrens and Stonetalon were rocked by a huge crevice and a lot of lava.
- Some strange underground world with a purple drake…?
- Flying mounts in Azeroth!
- Addition of 500+ quests to the game.
- Deathwing is totally back for realz this time.
- New instances in the older zones…
- A guild leveling/achievement system (like Warhammer Online)?
All of this is exciting. If I see anything else, I’ll record it as the day goes on.