Lowered Expectations is proud to announce they have dropped two bosses last night within a span of almost 2.5 hours! The Conclave of Wind (Throne of the Four Winds) and Omnotron Defense System (Blackwing Descent) have bitten the dust. Here is a small mini-guide to how to properly execute in this fight, our way.
Our group composition for this fight was:
- Protection Paladin
- Protection Warrior
- 2 Restoration Shaman
- Restoration Druid
- Combat Rogue
- Unholy Death Knight
- DPS Feral Druid
- Shadow Priest
- Destruction Warlock
There is a major mechanic that all bosses share: it is a shield that appears when the boss you are fighting hits 50 energy. ALL DAMAGE DEALERS (tanks and DPS) must NOT attack during these phases, and DPS should shift to the next active boss.
What happens if you hit or break a boss’ shield?
- Arcanotron: He hits harder. Probably the least annoying, but any attacker on it will cause him to pound a tank. “Power Conversion” is a magic debuff and therefore can be dispelled/purged/spellstolen/Shield Slam’d off.
- Electron: Every attack causes you to explode in a high-damaging AoE to all targets around you. Probably the worst one.
- Magmatron: If his barrier is broken through DoTs, regular attacks, you name it… all raiders take a good amount of damage (75k range in 10-man). The second worst.
- Toxitron: Every attack poisons the attacker, but allows the poisoned raider to deal extra nature damage through it. Probably not worth it due to the already large amount of AoE healing required in the fight, but if you’re feeling risky…
If you’re the tank…
- ***In general, do NOT hit the bosses while their shields are up. Just don’t do it.***
- During this fight, there will be at 2 of these guys up at once. Positioning is a huge factor to give your raid running room!
- Arcanotron: His “Arcane Annihilator” has a short cast time and outside of meleeing you, that’s about all he does in terms of damaging your raid. When “Power Generator” goes off, move him out. “Power Conversion” is a magic debuff and therefore can be dispelled/purged/spellstolen/Shield Slam’d off while you and another raider interrupts it.
- Electron: Your melee should be able to avoid the “Lightning Conductor” if they are at max range. This one in particular is bad if you hit him during his shield phase; you will explode.
- Magmatron: He is probably best in the center of the room in terms of positioning due to “Acquiring Target”. If you are the target, find an area unoccupied by raiders and make sure you’re the only one hit. If you are not targeted, move behind the boss.
- Toxitron: Bring him to the corner of a room. He is probably the biggest nuisance due to his “Poison Protocol”. If you can slow one or two of them as they appear under his feet, do so. Move any active boss to his “Poison Cloud” to increase damage to him, but don’t stand in it yourself.
If you’re the healer…
- ***In general, never forget the tank! There are a lot of things going on, so pace yourself.***
- Arcanotron: Get in the “Power Generator”. Your mana regeneration is increased while you are in it. Be aware of abilities that will flush you from it, like Magmatron’s “Acquiring Target”, Toxitron’s “Poison Protocol” and “Poison Cloud”, and Electron’s “Lightning Conductor” and Electrical Discharge”. Know random members will take damage from “Arcane Annihilator” if no one interrupts.
- Electron: Stay spread out.
- Magmatron: The raid takes AoE damage from “Incineration Security Measure”, and one target takes heavy damage from “Acquiring Target”. If you are the target, find an area unoccupied by raiders and make sure you’re the only one hit. If you are not targeted, move behind the boss.
- Toxitron: Be wary of sudden tank damage as “Poison Cloud” positioning happens. If someone fails to kill the slime during “Poison Protocol”, get ready to heal them quick as it will bring them down to millimeters of their life.
If you’re the DPS…
- ***Target change immediately when a new bot is up!***
- Arcanotron: If you can interrupt, do it when he casts “Arcane Annihilator”. Caster DPS can use the “Power Generator”, but you should be second to the healer’s priority.
- Electron: Stay spread out.
- Magmatron: It is very important you STOP ALL DAMAGE OVER TIME SPELLS prior to his barrier being cast! It is all damage being taken, not just being attacked, that will cause his barrier to explode for massive damage on the raid. If you are the target of “Acquiring Target”, find an area unoccupied by raiders and make sure you’re the only one hit. If you are not targeted, move behind the boss.
- Toxitron: Be aware of “Poison Protocol”— your responsibilities are to kill those slimes and slow them down and be aware of any that focus on you. Be aware of “Poison Cloud” during times where you could be taking AoE damage from any number of sources in this fight.
I hope this helps! Leave comments if there is anything wrong or something I could add!